cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject JDO Petstore [was Re: Daisy as CMS: why don't use JDO?]
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:09:42 GMT
Luca Garulli wrote:
> Why not? Where can I find a PetStore application in Cocoon to start
> with? If the results will be interesting we can post them to
> TheServerSide.com.

You can find a "petstore" block in Cocoon, but AFAIK it uses straight
JDBC. You might be more productive, maybe, by adapting my CHS
<http://new.cocoondev.org/main/g1/43> sample to use JDO as an
alternative to Hibernate. Given its stricter separation of persistence
from business logic and presentation, it will probably be easy to
provide JDO-specific implementations of DAO interfaces.

I've repeatedly tried to push the OJB supporters here to do the same for
OJB, but they seem to be quite busy doing for-pay work at the moment ;-).

	Ugo