cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 55002 - cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:47:49 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> unico@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: unico
>> Date: Mon Oct 18 06:10:24 2004
>> New Revision: 55002
>>
>> Added:
>>
>> cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper/ResponseWrapper.java

>> Modified:
>>
>> cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper/EnvironmentWrapper.java

>> Log:
>> introduce WrappedResponse for preventing internal requests to modify
>> the response headers
>> as discussed here:
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109783260100005&r=1&w=2
>>

> I haven't followed that discussion, but I think these changes will
> break internal redirects for external requests, as it won't allow to
> set headers in that case.
>
> Example :
> <map:match pattern="*/">
>  <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/index.html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> The headers set by the called pipeline will be ignored although they
> should not. A check that the wrapped environment is external and avoid
> wrapping in that case should be enough, I guess.

I see, the TreeProcessor wraps the environment in a
ForwardEnvironmentWrapper in the case of cocoon redirects. Hmm, but
would the check on whether the wrapped environment is an external one
really make the correct distinction though? Wouldn't that check also
match the scenario that started this:

<map:match pattern="transformation">
  <map:read src="xsl"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="page">
  <map:generate src="xml"/>
  <map:transform src="cocoon:/transformation"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

Isn't the environment in which the "transformation" pipeline is
processed also an environment wrapping an external one?

--
Unico