cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 55002 - cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:52:26 GMT
unico@apache.org wrote:

>Author: unico
>Date: Mon Oct 18 06:10:24 2004
>New Revision: 55002
>
>Added:
>   cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper/ResponseWrapper.java
>Modified:
>   cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper/EnvironmentWrapper.java
>Log:
>introduce WrappedResponse for preventing internal requests to modify the response headers
>as discussed here: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109783260100005&r=1&w=2

I haven't followed that discussion, but I think these changes will break
internal redirects for external requests, as it won't allow to set
headers in that case.

Example :
<map:match pattern="*/">
  <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/index.html"/>
</map:match>

The headers set by the called pipeline will be ignored although they
should not. A check that the wrapped environment is external and avoid
wrapping in that case should be enough, I guess.

Sylvain