cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Flowscript bug???
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:40:07 GMT
Luca Morandini wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Luca Morandini wrote:

>>> I mean, is flow unusable on WebLogic ?
>>

>> Flow requires session scope only when you use "global" variables in
>> the flow:
>

> In other words, global variables cannot be used in Flow when Cocoon runs
> within WebLogic, is that so ?
>
> On the other hand, session attributes can be stored and retrieved from
> Flow even under WebLogic, hence alleviating the need for global
> variables in Flow, right ?

Are you talking with me or with yourself? :)
Yes, you are right.

>> You'll have to hit weblogic docs to answer this one. Alternatively,
>> you can provide a patch to make scope serializable :)
>

> Hmmm... doesn't look like a no-brainer, does it ? ;)

Probably need to implement readObject/writeObject [1] methods which would not
attempt to write classloader into object stream on store, and would initialize
it properly on load. I have not looked at it, so don't know.

Vadim

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/ObjectOutputStream.html