cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems starting 2.1.6-dev
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:51:33 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Pier Fumagalli  wrote:
>

>>On 17 Oct 2004, at 14:57, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>

>>>Instead of creating yet-another-small-project at cocoondev.org (like my own CVSSource),
what about creating a general-purpose project that would host all interesting cocoon-releated
things we cannot host at the ASF because of license problems?

>>Was talking w/ Carsten about  it at the GT... I think it's a great idea! :-)
>>

>Yepp (and we talked about all this stuff in just five minutes, that's what I call high-bandwidth
talks...).

>Now, it would be great if cocoondev.org/Steven would enable this - and his answers indicate
that (great!), but I'm not sure if it is really practical to try to get *all* projects and
*every* possible Cocoon developer in one single place. There will definitly be projects/people
that might not fit into this single place etc. And I guess there will be people who want to
have their own "cocoon space".

Sure, people can do their stuff where they want, just as you do for your
personal experiments at osoco. The common place I'm suggesting is for
stuff their authors would have placed into Cocoon's own SVN if some
license issues were not forbidding it.

>So, I think we should start a list of all those additional projects - of course open source
ones only :), so people can have a look at what else is available for Cocoon. If all of this
projects happen to be maintained at a single location: even better.

Yup.

Sylvain