cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:43:13 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:

> Sorry, I thought what's being discussed is wether or not to use Spring
> as an intra-block container and that Tani as inter-block container is
> set. Am I wrong?

Nope, you're totally right. Tani already provides classloader isolation,
and we just need to add a thin DI layer on top of it. Spring doesn't
support classloader isolation but provides much more application-level
services that are needed inside blocks but not outside.

That's the current trend, which IMO solidifies along the discussion.

Sylvain