cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: container independent lifecycles?
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:27:13 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> That was one of my questions also. I have not had time to look at
> Spring framework so bare with me. One of the issues we currently have
> with ECM is that it does not do shutdown in order based on dependency
> information. At several places this leads to errors when component A
> that relies on component B to do work during its shutdown fase finds
> component B already was destroyed.

Interesting problem. Is it in Cocoon?

> Does Spring handle this case?

Don't know, but it theoretically has all the informations in his hand to
do it as it manages all the components (ECM could also, but this is more
tricky to implement in a lookup-based system). However the relations
between components can form a cyclic graph, in which case determining
the order can be difficult.