cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: container independent lifecycles?
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:12:29 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 16/ott/04, alle 16:08, Tim Larson ha scritto:
>
>> All this talk about being independent from the container...but how do we
>> get lifecycles and still stay independend from the container?
>

> <bean id="x" class="X" init-method="init" destroy-method="destroy"/>
>
> public class X {
>   public void init() { ... }
>   public void destroy() { ... }
> }
>
> Now, there might be some cases where this is not enough, but until
> someone comes up with some real use cases ...

That was one of my questions also. I have not had time to look at Spring
framework so bare with me. One of the issues we currently have with ECM
is that it does not do shutdown in order based on dependency
information. At several places this leads to errors when component A
that relies on component B to do work during its shutdown fase finds
component B already was destroyed. Does Spring handle this case?

--
Unico