cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:29:43 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 16/ott/04, alle 13:52, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

>> Configuration file format may change, but providing an XSL to migrate
>> it should be a piece of cake should it ever happen.
>

> As an aside, Spring's BeanFactory is completely decoupled from the XML
> format. The BeanFactory relies on an abstract BeanDefiniitionReader
> and the XmlBeanDefinitionReader is just one of the possible
> implementations. There are implementations available for reading bean
> definitions from property files or SQL tables and of course one can
> always implement more.

Sure, but we should try to avoid this, i.e. use the container in the
most standard way as far as possible, to avoid users to learn yet
another config file format. However, extending the
XMLBeanDefinitionReader may be a good solution to feed Avalon components
that needs them with a Configuration object.

Sylvain