cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Quick Question regarding cocoon check out directory from svn and java 1.5
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:24:27 GMT
On 16.10.2004 07:31, JD Daniels wrote:

> 1.) I have started using SVN in my own projects and I really like it.
> but I am a little confused about about what version of cocoon supports
> java 1.5, and if that suport is available. Where is the main development
> going on? I see as my choices:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X

Cocoon 2.1 branch, former cocoon-2.1 in CVS.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_RC_1

This tag is really old. As it is named it is the release candidate 1 for
Cocoon 2.1. Now we are at 2.1.5.1 as you might know.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk

That's the latest and greatest, the HEAD, formerly known as cocoon-2.2
in CVS. It might be *to* new.

> I was assuming that cocoon/trunk would always be the latest and
> greatest, but I have seen a few messages on this list implying that
> changes are being back ported to the 2.1.X branches ..... So which
> folder can I choose to just relax in the fact that when i update, I am
> using the latest and greatest?

I guess the 2.1 branch is the correct one.

> Is a 2.1.6, 2.1.7, etc planned before an official 2.2?

I think so, though a parallel development can now happen.

Joerg