cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From JD Daniels ...@datatrio.com>
Subject Quick Question regarding cocoon check out directory from svn and java 1.5
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:31:10 GMT
I am about to start building a new server for my new cocoon projects. I
have  a few questions:

1.) I have started using SVN in my own projects and I really like it.
but I am a little confused about about what version of cocoon supports
java 1.5, and if that suport is available. Where is the main development
going on? I see as my choices:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_RC_1
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk

I was assuming that cocoon/trunk would always be the latest and
greatest, but I have seen a few messages on this list implying that
changes are being back ported to the 2.1.X branches ..... So which
folder can I choose to just relax in the fact that when i update, I am
using the latest and greatest? Is a 2.1.6, 2.1.7, etc planned before an
official 2.2?

I have been using tomcat from day one to host cocoon, but have heard
many good things about jetty. Would anyone like to voice their opinion
on the best release of jetty to try out? Or even if I should stick with
tomcat because of familiarity ( I am planning on upgrading to tomcat 5)

Thanks

JD