cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: Integrating rhino-1.6pre
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:32:56 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>>And one last question: Does this have any legal implications
>>As long as you do your contributions under MPL, which means you keep
>>rhino licensed as MPL, I see no issues at all.
> I have a question: Under a MPL project: Is the committer able to choose
> whatever type of license he wants for his code?

No. License clearly ;-) says:

      3.1. Application of License.
      The Modifications which You create or to which You contribute are
      governed by the terms of this License, including without limitation
      Section 2.2. The Source Code version of Covered Code may be
      distributed only under the terms of this License or a future version
      of this License released under Section 6.1, and You must include a
      copy of this License with every copy of the Source Code You

Which means, all modifications you do to MPL code base has to be released under
MPL. You can also see definition of Modification which basically says that
Modification is changes to existing files or new file with some MPL code pasted
into it. But if you add BRAND NEW file containing no MPL code whatsoever, you
can do with them whatever you want (IIUC).

View raw message