cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms work to do before marking it stable
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:50:56 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's the result of the discussion at the GT about the work needed for
> CForms to reach stable state. Thanks to Pier for being the secretary. He
> did it so well ;-P
>
> Flowscript integration:
> - don't use JS wrapping classes for widgets: they introduce
> yet-another-API which is sometimes confusing.
> - update the widgets' java public API so that it's more "Rhino-friendly"
> (check JavaBean conformance and add accessors where needed)
> - implement an equivalent to the bookmark feature of V2, by a function
> property of the form that gets called at each request roundtrip
> - add helper methods to the Form class to create event listeners from JS
> functions
> - restrict the "cocoon" object that's available in the event handlers so
> that it does not provide response-related methods (sendPage etc)

Just two thoughts (don't know whether it is important to solve them before we
mark cForms as stable):

I remember that one of the reasons why Chris wrote v2 API was forward/backward
navigation between forms. Are there any problems with v1 (which is IIUC the
starting point for the final API)?

And, there were (are?) problems if you have more than one form a page. Have they
been solved?

--
Reinhard