cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Daisy as CMS: why don't use JDO?
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:27:54 GMT
Luca Garulli wrote:

> bye,
> Luca Garulli
> OrienTechnologies.com
> (the light ODBMS, all in one JDO solution)

Luca,

as we can infer from your signature, you are not exactly the most
neutral person to judge about this particular technology JDO.

 > Sorry but I didn't want to start a flame..

Get real.

There are a "million" standards for data access and one pretends to be
the last solution for the portability project. First was SQL, then ODBC,
then JDBC, then ODMG, now JDO.

Let me tell you something: look around. look at the cocoon codebase. we
use what we need, not because it's standard, but because it fits our
needs. And went the "standard" doesn't, we implement our own, or we tune
it down for our needs.

People, on the other hand, how *STUPID* it is to fight about technology,
eh? Luca wants to use JDO, great, let him be happy with it.

Luca, why daisy doesn't use JDO? because it doesn't. period. no much
more to add.

You want daisy to use JDO? submit code instead of evangelizing.

Besides: what the heck does this list has to do with Daisy anyway?

--
Stefano, who's sick of standard evangelization big time!