cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:46:59 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Thursday 14 October 2004 18:03, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>That is becoming an urban legend in Avalon-land: Cocoon did not expand
>>ECM (except with a few configuration syntax sugar in
>>ExtendedComponentSelector). It used it too much, which is IMO a totally
>>different problem.
>>

>:o)
>Urban Legend or not, I agree I have bought it... And the
>
>public final class CocoonComponentManager extends ExcaliburComponentManager
>
>doesn't do much to kill the myth either.
>
>For the record, I was perhaps diong the inference in the wrong direction; The
>sitemap is tightly coupled to the ECM, isn't it?

Nope. It used to be, but this is no more the case. The only current
tight coupling is by an explicit instanciation of a component selector
implementation. I lacked a bit of time to totally get rid of it and
simply use Class.newInstance()...

>And sitemap is central to
>Cocoon, hence ripping out ECM and putting in Fortress was less straight
>forward than some was expecting.

Right. It was at the time where Berin tried to move to Fortress, a time
where the dependency on ECM was strong.

>Anyway, I trust that the aggregated heads of this community can bring a
>solution that we all can enjoy, whether that be a 'baby step evolutionary',
>'phased evolutionary' or 'revolutionary with legacy adapter' approach.

Thanks :-)

Sylvain