cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:45:59 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> You can fool yourself with Serviceable instead of Composable and shit
> like that, but the truth is: many many many times
>
>  Generator file = new FileGenerator(src,handler,parameters);
>
> would have been enough!!

Well you refer to some overcomponentization in Cocoon, but Generator is not the
place where it is happening. More like XML compiler/decompiler, which might be
simple class instead of component.

And in other places we have undercomponentization as well, example is
[Image|MP3|*]DirectoryGenerator, where you need pluggable file introspection
helpers.

Vadim