cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject CForms work to do before marking it stable
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:51:52 GMT
Hi all,

Here's the result of the discussion at the GT about the work needed for
CForms to reach stable state. Thanks to Pier for being the secretary. He
did it so well ;-P

Flowscript integration:
- don't use JS wrapping classes for widgets: they introduce
yet-another-API which is sometimes confusing.
- update the widgets' java public API so that it's more "Rhino-friendly"
(check JavaBean conformance and add accessors where needed)
- implement an equivalent to the bookmark feature of V2, by a function
property of the form that gets called at each request roundtrip
- add helper methods to the Form class to create event listeners from JS
functions
- restrict the "cocoon" object that's available in the event handlers so
that it does not provide response-related methods (sendPage etc)

Java code:
- ignore the "action-command" attribute which is currently useless
except for repeater-actions and row-actions
- implement widget states (a patch has been provided for this which I
will take care of)

Misc:
- write a form definition schema so that definitions can be optionally
validated.
- flatten the CForm-related component in cocoon.xconf. This will ease
the transition to a non-Avalon container

There was also a discussion also after my presentation on union & class
about renaming these widgets to something more meaningful to people
having no C knowledge. The renaming we came up to is as follows:
- <fd:union> --> <fd:choose>
- <fd:case> --> <fd:when>
- <fd:struct> --> <fd:group>
- <fd:class> --> <fd:macro>
- <fd:new id=""> --> <fd:expand macro="">

The renaming of class/new to macro/expand is mandated by the fact that a
<fd:new> inlines the contents of the class definition without an
enclosing container.

Sylvain