cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:44:21 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 14/ott/04, alle 04:20, Niclas Hedhman ha scritto:
>
>> A Cocoon Pojo will not be easier to use outside the Cocoon
>> environment than today's set of components are, since there are so
>> many other
>> things that needs to happen.
>

> Just to clarify: _no_one_ is thinking about using Cocoon components
> outside Cocoon. But if your components have no dependencies on the
> container, you get two things:
>
> 1. You can move them to a different container more easily, assuming the
> new container provides the same set of basic services as the old. This
> is not the case today.
> 2. Testability.

As you may have seen, I use Easymock at the Cocoon Block Deployer for my tests.
IIUC, having a framework like this, also makes it very easy to test frameworks
like Avalon because you can mock the service manager with a few lines of code.
What I want to say, testability isn't a real difference but I agree with the
other mentioned advantages containers providing dependency injection.

--
Reinhard