cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:23:26 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Folks,
>
> here are some notes I jotted down today while on the train and later on
> the plane, on my way back home from the GT, on the issues we discussed
> Monday WRT "Real Blocks", Butterfly, Kernel (Tani), Spring, blah blah blah

Thanks for the summary. Can you extend on this one point:

>             - [ ] Two kinds of blocks: Avalon (legacy) and Spring as
>                   containers
>                       We need to support Spring (or Picocontainer,
>                       HiveMind or something of our own doing) and
>                       Avalon (for backward compatibilty) ONLY. ONE new
>                       type of container will be supported, otherwise
>                       it's just FS.

In particular,

  * Why new type of container is needed;
    (I suppose: because some things are broken)
  * What's broken in ECM;
  * Why it can't be fixed in Fortress;
  * Why Avalon compatibility can't be achived with new
    container (so that you need second one in parallel).

Thanks,
Vadim