cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From JD Daniels ...@datatrio.com>
Subject Re: rich clients in Flash with Cocoon?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:00:42 GMT
hmmm....

I have been rolling this around in my head for the last few days. Here
is some of my thoughts:

1.) Separation of concerns.. I am not sure that a cocoon component
really needs to built... what is wrong with having an app with two
contexts? ie:
                         http://domain/laszlo/app1
which would get datsets etc from:
                         http://domain/cocoon/somepipline(s)
although I am of course noticing there is quite a bit of jar duplication
between the two.

2.) CForms.. I have just gotten a grip on, and subsequently addicted to,
cforms and flow with POJOs. Can the laszlo form objects be bound to
widgets? ( I could just be dumb in this regard... insight is
appreciated) Looks to me that to use cforms, we would have have to
generate the app for each request.. to create repeaters and such.

I am not against anything at all... I am really weak on cocoon
internals, but I am very excited by the idea of laszlo apps :)