cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 54018 - cocoon/whiteboard/butterfly/lib
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:07:02 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:
>> Added:
>>    cocoon/whiteboard/butterfly/lib/js-1.6R1pre.jar   (contents, props
>> changed)
>> Log:
>> Added Rhino jar
>

> Ugo, what does Spring use that for? Do you have any pointers?

Spring 1.2 will have the possibility of managing not just regular Java
beans, but also "beans" written in scripting languages. In the Spring
sandbox there's already support for Groovy and Beanshell and a few days
ago I sent Rod Johnson a couple of classes I wrote for doing the same
with Javascript. He promised to review them and possibly commit them, so
we could have them in Spring when 1.2 is released.

[Incidentally, my mods are just an extension to Spring and don't require
any modification to any other Spring class, so even if they're not
eventually included in the Spring distribution, they can be used anyway.]

With this we could have, for instance, container-managed flowscripts who
get their dependencies injected to them instead of having to look them
up. Real IoC in your flowscripts! We could also use Spring's AOP to
apply aspects to them, so that you might, for instance, transparently
apply declarative authorization checks to your flowscripts or wrap
transactions around them. Pretty cool, isnt't it?

	Ugo