cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rogier Peters <>
Subject Re: rich clients in Flash with Cocoon?
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 18:39:00 GMT
Forgive me for promoting the non-free solution, but I've always thought
that Macromedia's own flex[1] is a very nice solution, being java-based
and all. For those who don't know, the short is that it takes an xml
dialect and renders it to a Flash UI. It should make a nice frontend for
cocoon-generated xml. So I'll offer a cigar to the first person who
makes a cocoon-forms to macromedia flex serializer.

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> This has been blogged here and there: Laszlo [1], a servlet-based
> platform to produce rich clients in Flash from XML+javascript
> descriptions has gone opensource yesterday.
> I invite you to have a look at the demos, and try out the one called
> "XML editor" where you can put your hands on what looks like a really
> nice thing.
> As Bertrand says [2] "the first person to write a Cocoon serializer
> and samples for Laszlo gets a very large glass of their favorite drink".
> Hurry up!
> Sylvain
> [1]
> [2]