cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: continuations and session
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:23:49 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

> <snip/>
>
>>> Well, IMO the only clean way to achieve this is to have a
>>> continuations manager that automatically binds new continuations to
>>> the current session, thus making fully isolated continuation groups.
>>>
>>> I proposed this some time ago [1] for other purposes but hadn't the
>>> time up to now to actually write it. Want to write it?
>>

>> If you gave me a few hints what should be changed - I will do it.
>>

> Well I started by looking at the CurrentContinuationManagerImpl which is
> a bit complicated. Maybe writing a new one from scratch would be easier.
>
> The idea is to store in the session a data structure that holds the
> continuations related to the session. This data structure should hold a
> counter used to create per-session continuation id, and it should also
> implement HttpSessionBindingListener so that all continuations get
> properly deleted whenever the continuation expires. Of course,
> individual continuations should still have their own expiration management.
I approached the subject and have a solution for all but one thing: the
automatic continuations timeout. Right now this is simple: one treemap
to store them all :). Now there are 2 solutions to do such thing when
there is one a separate continuations structure for each session:

- one task running on timer and removing expired continuations
   this solution requires that the task have to be able to access ALL
   sessions on server to query for continuations structure.

- one task running on timer per session
   looks like a simpler solution but might cause bigger server load.

I'm not much of avalon expert. What should I do to make an avalon
component also a session listener?

my regards