cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Daisy as CMS: why don't use JDO?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:17:37 GMT
Il giorno 13/ott/04, alle 11:35, Luca Garulli ha scritto:

> Why don't use JDO for the persistence? JDO allows to Daisy to be
> datastore independent. So you can run Daisy on top of an ODBMS or
> RDBMS or again the file system.

Probably because everyone has his own likes and dislikes when it comes
to accessing data stores, so while JDO might be fine with you, others
may prefer OJB, Hibernate, Cayenne, iBatis, straight JDBC or something
entirely different. Even if you decided to adopt JDO, you would have to
find a reasonably performant, stable, opensource implementation.
Preferably of JDO 2, since I wouldn't actually recommend any JDO 1
implementation to anyone.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/