cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:02:43 GMT
Il giorno 15/ott/04, alle 08:39, Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:

> Hmm, I'm a little bit concerned about compatibility here. I know it
> would be great to be independant from other projects in the core,
> but if you look at the sourceresolver in excalibur, the interfaces
> that are used there (SourceResolver, Source etc.) do not depend on
> Avalon (with the exception of the Component interface which is
> there by mistake :( ).
> So wouldn't it be better to at least use those interfaces, but
> provide just a new implementation? This would be more compatible
> than redoing everything. Just a thought.

The interfaces that are in Butterfly are a verbatim copy (apart maybe
from some minor changes, some time has passed and I don't remember all
the details) of the Excalibur ones.

Of course, the package names have changed (and the o.a.butterfly will
have to be changed to o.a.cocoon if they ever make it into the Cocoon
core), but are you suggesting that we shoud keep
o.a.excalibur.source.Source and so on?

Hmmm, OK, how about:

package org.apache.excalibur.source;

public interface Source extends org.apache.cocoon.source.Source {} ?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/