cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: FilesystemStore broken???
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:25:39 GMT
On 20 Oct 2004, at 12:14, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>

>> So, at the end of the day, who is ALSO using the persistent
>> store? Only the cache? I'm getting lost in components, my
>> greps are not powerful enough (anymore) :-(
>>
> Only some others to cache prepared things, like the portal,
> batik or I think XSP as well.
> Perhaps it's only me but I think we (or I?) somehow confused
> the difference between a store and a cache. Imho a cache
> caches :) something for improved performance, but the system
> will still work the same way (only slower) if the cache
> gets lost (is cleared).
> But a store stores :) things, if they somehow got lost,
> the system is missing some information.
> So perhaps it's time to do this part for 2.2 right as well,
> skip the excalibur store and do it better?

AH! Now we're making sense... So, the problem I have with the "store"
for now is that we have a friggin' store janitor who comes in at
intervals and wipes out the whole thing...

So, actually, in the store I can't be really sure of what's being
"stored" for real, because it might be cleaned out...

Which makes me think that actually the store is more of a cache, than a
_real_ store...

	Pier