cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:26:28 GMT
Leszek Gawron dijo:
> I think that all templating languages that are not xml based will also
> introduce character encoding problems.

Yep.

> I say: let's stick to JXTG just add some power with the ability to write
> more sophisticated macros/taglibs.

<hint tm="CZ">The next line is not a formal vote</hint> :-D
+1

I really like the JXTG syntax. It allow us to manage beans and XML just
changing the syntax. It just works. I agreee we need to refactor it. It
takes me a time to understand the JXTG code internals.

If we agree, we can try to refactor it. The inner classes seems to be
problem. I understand Christian put all in one file just to keep the same
behavior of other generators: "Just one file".

Another good thing of the JXTG is that it is reusing the language
expresion of other Apache languages. That way we don't need to mantain the
code behind the expresion language. The respective communities do that for
us.

I hear some people prefer to go to jelly. In the scratchpad there is
already a jelly generator:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/

The question to me is: What can provide us jelly that jexl cannot do? This
is really a question, I never used jelly before.

And of course, I am open to hear new ideas. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.