cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Locking the JS global scope to avoid implicit declarations
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:05:07 GMT
Hi Sylvain:

I am sorry for being late. I am trying to keep up to date, but it is hard
to me now. :-(

I think, I found a problem with the current implementation of this feature.

As all you already know, Jeremy requested me to help in a interesing
sample using Lucene and OJB, aka. ORO or OBJ ;-)

Well, while reviewing the Lucene sample I found it is not working anymore:

http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/lucene/query/advanced.html

A small research showed that maybe this change broke the sample:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=109904263013273&w=2

The sample is using at line 24:

importPackage(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.bean.query);

and then in line 55, we found:

var contextAccess = cocoon.createObject(ContextAccess);

A small workaround seems to change the above line with:

var contextAccess =
cocoon.createObject(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.bean.query.ContextAccess);

But, now the problem is:

Is useless the importPackage() function or we have a bug, in this case?

Please explain.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo