cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] doco lite?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:35:25 GMT
Le 26 oct. 04, à 21:20, Upayavira a écrit :
> ...The thing you seem to have missed is the staging process. If I have
> written an xdoc, I want to see that as HTML, on a staging server,
> before I actually publish it. After all, the XML might not even be
> valid, or there might be mistakes. I need to be able to see the page
> on the site before I publish it...

How about using SVN tags for this?

-Current known good version of the docs is always tagged as
"current-docs"
-Website serves this tagged version on the public site
-New docs releases are done by moving this tag to the appropriate
revision (I didn't try moving tags in SVN yet but it shouldn't be a
problem)

Then you'd use the current release for the staging process, and update
the public version by moving the SVN tag.

-Bertrand