cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Integrating rhino-1.6pre
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:12:16 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>> Igor kindly provided a new patch for Cocoon 2.1.5.1 which works now for
>> me! Before I can apply the patch I want to propose to change the package
>> names in Rhino (thanks Igor for the idea). This way we can have both
>> implementations of rhino in parallel in Cocoon and our users can switch
>> whenever they are ready to do it.
>>
>> If nobody speaks up against it, I volunteer doing the renaming if I get
>> commit access to
>> http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=rhino. Of course
>> this leads to a loss of the history. What do you prefer? Moving to SVN
>> before (of course, only if somebody does the migration) or simply
>> creating a CVS branch and then move on with the new package names.
>>
>> And one last question: Does this have any legal implications
>> (licencing)?
>
> As long as you do your contributions under MPL, which means you keep
> cocoondev
> rhino licensed as MPL, I see no issues at all.

Hi Vadim:

First, I am really happy with the Reinhard's work in this area! Thank you,
Reinhardt! :-)

I have a question: Under a MPL project: Is the committer able to choose
whatever type of license he wants for his code?

I am a little bit confused with that. I know we don't need to worry much
about the rhino clone on cocoondev which will become less important for us
and perhaps die. But this important for us to understand the MPL. Of
course I know you are not a lawyer, but a little bit of helps is good for
all and as often is very welcome. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo