cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the 'Real Blocks' issue
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:23:57 GMT
Niclas Hedhman dijo:
> Your reasons are highly valid, no doubt, just like the unstable days of
> Cocoon, when matching versions of xerces, xalan and other XML technologies
> was a balance act one hardly want to go through again.

I knew about that. But again the balance would a hard task: Xalan and
Xerces need to move to JAXP 1.3. I already saw the post on the xml-commons
list.

The idea s to work together this time between xalan and xerces in order to
make the migration better than before. I expect that the already archieved
experience in xalan and xerces community will allow to move more
successful this time than before. I am crossing finger for that!

I think this is a new threat that is very interesting to follow and see if
the both communities will work together to mantain stable the integration.
That is the goal to follow....

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.