cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: problems starting 2.1.6-dev
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:49:07 GMT
On Tuesday 19 October 2004 01:27, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> What does this translate to java? Pretty simple, in fact: if you import
> a class is fine, if you implement an interface is not.

Nice try :o)
But assuming for a second that the 'spirit' is what you say (which I would
like to think), the answer is not that simple.

Java often use callback as part of the API, in which case I must implement a
provided interface for that purpose.
Likewise, extending a class is OFTEN extension of work, but in for instance
AWT1.0 extending was a way to interface with the API (I agree stupid, but
still...)

If just common sense would apply.... :o(

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /