cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:13:39 GMT
On Friday 15 October 2004 16:06, Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 15/ott/04, alle 09:43, Niclas Hedhman ha scritto:
> > However, you are requesting that the Excalibur Source is a subclass of
> > the
> > Cocoon Source. I suspect that is a typo, but if not, then you are
> > introducing
> > a cross-dependency with the Excalibur project, or breaking namespace
> > policies
> > by using the excalibur namespace.
>
> Actually it was me who suggested that, not Carsten.

Yeah, I know... Perhaps I should have responded differently...

> It's not a typo.
> The plan is to move away from Excalibur, but keep the Source
> abstraction. In order to allow components importing
> o.a.excalibur.source to compile without mods, we could provide the
> subinterface I suggested *in* Cocoon.

Excalibur Source being a sub interface of Cocoon Source, where the Excalibur
Source is part of the Cocoon codebase is not really the way things are
handled around here. Sounds like asking for trouble down the line.

What if the interfaces are separate, and that the implementation implements
both, and it can then be passed to components of either method signature.
No?

Cheers
Niclas
--