cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:19:38 GMT
On Thursday 14 October 2004 18:59, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Personally, I'd favor Avalon support for chosen container. As Ralph noted,
> and he is not alone, people like Avalon, and we should support it for years
> to come.
>
> So why to run two containers - one too much - if Avalon support can be
> implemented in new container of choice.

AFAIU, this is more about "fashionable" than anything else. Avalon has a bad
reputation amongst some people, and Spring is the latest and greatest...

IMHO, other arguments will be constructed to validate the required short-,
mid- and long-term effort to make the switch. I am very interested to take a
close look at this 'over-whelming' :o)  evidence that it is worth-while.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /