cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:32:36 GMT
On Thursday 14 October 2004 18:03, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> That is becoming an urban legend in Avalon-land: Cocoon did not expand
> ECM (except with a few configuration syntax sugar in
> ExtendedComponentSelector). It used it too much, which is IMO a totally
> different problem.

:o)
Urban Legend or not, I agree I have bought it... And the

public final class CocoonComponentManager extends ExcaliburComponentManager

doesn't do much to kill the myth either.

For the record, I was perhaps diong the inference in the wrong direction; The
sitemap is tightly coupled to the ECM, isn't it? And sitemap is central to
Cocoon, hence ripping out ECM and putting in Fortress was less straight
forward than some was expecting.

Anyway, I trust that the aggregated heads of this community can bring a
solution that we all can enjoy, whether that be a 'baby step evolutionary',
'phased evolutionary' or 'revolutionary with legacy adapter' approach.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /