cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <>
Subject Re: [RT] Some notes about the "Real Blocks" issue
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:06:16 GMT
Il giorno 15/ott/04, alle 09:43, Niclas Hedhman ha scritto:

> However, you are requesting that the Excalibur Source is a subclass of
> the
> Cocoon Source. I suspect that is a typo, but if not, then you are
> introducing
> a cross-dependency with the Excalibur project, or breaking namespace
> policies
> by using the excalibur namespace.

Actually it was me who suggested that, not Carsten. It's not a typo.
The plan is to move away from Excalibur, but keep the Source
abstraction. In order to allow components importing
o.a.excalibur.source to compile without mods, we could provide the
subinterface I suggested *in* Cocoon. The original Excalibur source can
remain as is, or it can go to the great jar in the sky, I don't care.
The new Cocoon will have a new implementation of Source,
SourceResolver, etc. which has nothing to do with Excalibur.

That's my plan, anyway,

Ugo Cei -

View raw message