cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: getInputStream() in FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request ?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:49:24 GMT

On 24-okt-04, at 13:47, Unico Hommes wrote:

> On 24-okt-04, at 1:38, Frédéric Glorieux wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Like explained in another thread, I'm trying to implement a PUT
>> binaries in the webdav/davmap demo. I wrote a simple "RequestReader"
>> like waited in the sitemap sample, it works well for httpRequest,
>> because there is a  getInputStream() method. But the sample sitemap
>> is calling a pipeline from flow, and  FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request doesn't
>> seem to accept to give an InputStream in the API. I have a simple
>> question, why ? There's a piece of architecture I can't understand
>> there between all these requests.
>>

> The Request interface itself does not have getInputStream method, only
> HttpRequest does. So first step would be to add getInputStream method
> to the Request and then add it to FOM.

Done. I've applied the changes to the trunk only for now because I had
to do an incompatible change. HttpRequest.getInputStream method
returned ServletInputStream which has been changed to InputStream.
Should I port the changes to the branch anyway ? I've also deprecated
ActionRequest.getPortletInputStream in the portlet environment.

--
Unico