cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's deprecate the PHP block
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:25:36 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> >
> > I see David's point though, using [VOTE] in subject (and [PROPOSAL]
> > maybe) helps in not missing stuff that's happening.
> >
> > But I like our +1 way of saying "me? I like it" even if outside of a
> > vote - it's part of our "slang" I think.

Well i do not like it. It just introduces confusion
and votes tend to start happening in the middle of
the discussion. Inefficient.

> > So +1 on being more careful with [appropriate headers] in subjects ;-)
>
> I hear you and I agree.
>
> But one thing is saying "next time use [vote] so that people don't miss
> it", another is "start over and follow the rules".
>
> The first is common sense, the second is burocracy.

If you referring to me, i never did say "start over".

Anyway, Cocoon does not have any project guidelines.
So when a real, potentially damaging, issue arises
we will have no way to sensibly handle it.

--
David Crossley