cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's deprecate the PHP block
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:31:52 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
>
> > Tony Collen wrote:
> >> ...Let's deprecate the PHP block for the remainder of our 2.1.X
> >> releases and then dump it in 2.2.  If people want to "use" PHP with
> >> Cocoon, the best solution is to just use a FileGenerator and an
> >> http:// URL...
> >
> > +1 too. Could you set up a formal vote which is needed to change the
> > status of the PHP block?
>
> +1, I agree with the formal vote but if you start it by counting all
> the +1s here we don't need to vote again.

One trouble is that Cocoon does not yet have any
project guidelines. Another trouble is that people
seem to use the +1 thing even when a vote is not
happening. The proposal phase for the discussion,
then the vote phase for the decision, is an Apache
way to get things done efficiently. We forget that.

A vote on this topic is probably a foregone conclusion.
So here is another +1 like Bertrand said.

--
David Crossley