cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VMWare host for us @apache.org
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:46:15 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >The docs aspect needs lots of consideration. If Cocoon wants to
> >continue using Forrest, then we would like help to implement
> >our plans for the Forrestbot and staging server for reviewing
> >docs prior to publication.
> >
> >We had a huge discussion on this at infrastructure.at.a.o a few
> >months ago. That needs to be summarised and brought into the open.
>
> I think this is the sort of thing I was referring to. If we can clarify
> what we have in mind, and get a number of us behind it, then I could see
> it as being possible.
>
> But there's a lot to clarify/understand. Would you be willing to explain
> here what you had in mind for your Forrestbot setup? Presumably this
> setup would still use CVS/SVN as the versioning system for the actual
> xdoc files?

Yes it does.

Well i will try. It is a big task. Did anyone see the
infrastructure@ discussion to which i refer. It was not
just about "forrestbot", rather the whole situation of
publishing of documentation at Apache. There are
so many aspects: oversight of content, staging, workflow,
recoverability, quick turnaround, secure access,
Forrestbot, Lenya, Doco, ...

The thread finished with the feeling that we had solutions,
just in need of implementation.

Anyway, going off to dig through mail archives again ...

--
David Crossley