cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject RE: VMWare host for us @apache.org
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:23:15 GMT
H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
> > While we can start thinking about where to host, I think
> > we've first got
> > to clarify what we want to host. As yet, I've only as yet got a vague
> > idea of what we want - "a machine to run Cocoon, possibly doing its
> > docs". What does that actually mean? What would we install?
> > How would we
> > do docs? Is it pure Cocoon, or Forrest? If Forrest, what about Cocoon
> > samples? Will we want additional mini webapps? What sort of
> > things? Etc,
> > etc, etc. I think we should get these things sorted before we mention
> > anything to infrastructure, in order for our case to sound convincing.
>
> +1
>
> I'd say: docs and samples and, in future, "administrative" webapps like e.g.
> a form for link requests.
> I'm not sure what you mean by "additional mini webapps", but I'd say
> anything that would go in the "samples" section of Cocoon.

I reckon the Cocoon Samples, plus make the new Link Submission
part of that. That way developers can have that as a local app too.

The docs aspect needs lots of consideration. If Cocoon wants to
continue using Forrest, then we would like help to implement
our plans for the Forrestbot and staging server for reviewing
docs prior to publication.

We had a huge discussion on this at infrastructure.at.a.o a few
months ago. That needs to be summarised and brought into the open.

--
David Crossley