cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT9 subversion pre commit hook
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:32:02 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi
> > The problem is that not necessarily stastus changes are done in one
> > commit, there is a different granularity in the two. This is the reason
> > why some projects that were using commit message extraction systems are
> > now also using a status file.

I too am concerned about the different granularity.

> where is the problem?
>
> do one commit without the magic
> words and one with them. not
> *all* changes have to go into
> the status file.

Would you please explain this. I don't get it.

I don't have trouble editing status.xml when needed
but i am interested in your ideas. There are probably
many occasions where each of us has forgotten to add
an important entry to status.xml and so your solution
might help.

--
David Crossley