cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: [RT9 subversion pre commit hook
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:32:02 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi
> > The problem is that not necessarily stastus changes are done in one
> > commit, there is a different granularity in the two. This is the reason
> > why some projects that were using commit message extraction systems are
> > now also using a status file.

I too am concerned about the different granularity.

> where is the problem?
> do one commit without the magic
> words and one with them. not
> *all* changes have to go into
> the status file.

Would you please explain this. I don't get it.

I don't have trouble editing status.xml when needed
but i am interested in your ideas. There are probably
many occasions where each of us has forgotten to add
an important entry to status.xml and so your solution
might help.

David Crossley

View raw message