cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@mrigitech.com>
Subject RE: rich clients in Flash with Cocoon?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 21:20:15 GMT
>We could in theory have a couple 100 different SWF's many of
>which are slight variations on each other.  We'd generate the
>Laszlo source for them from Cocoon, customized for each user
>as needed and then send the resultant compiled SWF over to the
>client.  Those SWF would then hang around on the client
>bouncing XML back and forth with Cocoon.

I'm wondering to what extent customization of a SWF for a given client
needs to be handled at compile time. Runtime setting of the properties
of UI elements, such as their visibility, based upon the XML dataset
could handle a wide range of customization requirements.

I haven't used CForms yet, it sounds like the binding of these
components on the server-side would more frequently result in the
creation of unique LZX source.

I'm not suggesting that we don't need a Laszlo serializer, it sounds
like a good idea, interested in getting a better idea of cases in which
it would be useful to handle per-client variation through creation of
unique LZX.

Cheers
Adam