cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom extensions - to be made available if possible
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:57:16 GMT
Hello,

We're making progress with the PDF Generator. A skeleton is already built.

A decision is necessary: Which PDF reading library is to be used?

As I said in a previous e-mail (Sep 10), we downloaded PDF box
(www.pdfbox.org), but it seems to us a bit hard to use.

It seems to have a viewer, and so it seems to draw on a Graphics. This
could be used combined with Batik to generate SVG... but that seems a
bit overkill.

We also found Etymon PJX (www.etymon.com/epub.html), but it's like the
hard part of pdfbox, but without the easier part concerning the
Graphics.

Does anyone have any other options worth considering?

Please, someone share good/bad experiences with PDF reading/parsing products.

Thank you very much.

Antonio Fiol