cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: [OT] tagline (was: Cocoon usage in Medical Informatics)
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:10:27 GMT
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 9 sept. 04, ΰ 22:49, H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl a ιcrit :
>
> > ...I'm currently in San Francisco for a conference on Medical
> > Informatics and I
> > noticed at least two other projects (excluding mine) where Cocoon was
> > used
> > either as a presentation layer or as an intermediate layer between
> > distributed data sources...
>
> Hehe...makes me think a cool "Cocoon - the Swiss Army Knife of the Web"
> poster...

Betrand

let me add here that

we have develop a database desktop application that is based
on cocoon, and this because we hate many points  in WinForms (resizing,
look'n'feel, binding ... ). The only thing the GUI do is to open a GUI
application with
a IE control in the main view. All the rest are handled by cocoon.

except the point that you have to run a webapp container we like very
mutch this way of desktop(???) application development.

"When you try cocoon, then there is no way to escape from it"
:-)
-- stavros