cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Butler, Mark H (Labs Bristol)" <mark-h.but...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Removing DELI
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:58:10 GMT
Hi Steven,

No not at all, legal issues are fine, I have signed a CLA, this is all
OK with HP etc.

It's just that I don't use Cocoon at all in my current work, and things
- particularly directory layouts - change fast so as I have not been
able to maintain things they seem to end up broken. The recent change to
subversion in particular means I have lots of catching up to do.

With Cocoon, making an effective contribution really requires monitoring
the commit, dev and users list. I never monitored the commit list at
all, and its only because I've been working with Stefano on another
project thay I recently realised that I was missing a lot of information
as a result. I don't really have time to monitor all these lists at the
moment.

Instead the way I would prefer to work is if people let me know if there
is a problem, then I can create a patch to contribute? I've been looking
at the contrib tips and it says to prepare cvs diff patches and put them
in Bugzilla, but I guess that means SVN ones now?

Anyway the good news is I have integrated the latest version of DELI
(x0209404) that uses the latest Jena version (2.1) into a version of
Cocoon 2.1.5, so I can prepare a patch for this, assuming you are still
interested in having this component in Cocoon?

Mark