cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Block deployer - first draft in SVN
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:25:06 GMT
On 26 Sep 2004, at 11:00, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> I don't understand the Block interface:
>>
>> public interface Block {
>>     public InputStream getInputStream() throws IOException;
>>     public RemoteBlock getRemoteBlock();
>> }
>>
>> Why does it expose an InputStream???
>

> Hmm, I wrote this a long time ago and haven't had reached the point
> yet to write the implementation. My goal is having a "light" version
> of a block to get access to its meta data (RemoteBlock) and I need
> access to the block as binary. Streams and Java is _not_ a strengh of
> mine and before I'm going to implement it, I will read (again) about
> streams to learn what's the best object to be returned. Any
> suggestions? ;-)

Yeah, come to the Ghetto-Gather! :-P

Informally, people, I wanted to have a quite-wide round table about
blocks... Stefano had an idea about I2OC (roughly - very roughly -
outlined here
<http://www.betaversion.org/wiki/display/Pier/2004/09/05/
Inverting+Inversion+of+Control> - hmpf, yeah, I do have a blog!) which
scares the bejesus out of me, but at the same time is so intriguing.

And I'd like to have a chat over beers on it...

	Pier