cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GT 2004] Please add your PGP key to the wiki
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:14:15 GMT
Le 1 oct. 04, à 14:10, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit :

> ...Can you say in couple of words why one would want a PGP key, and
> why one would want to sign them? I'm curious about all this because
> all PGP keys are used for is the release signing, and for email there
> is S/MIME standard supported by all mail agents.

But for S/MIME you need a certificate, don't you? (trying not to be
silly, dunno much about this really ;-)

So, if we need PGP keys for release signing anyway, it might be a good
idea to sign them so that we can use them for secure mail as well, or
other communications that require a web of trust within the ASF.

-Bertrand