cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <>
Subject Re: Cocoon usage in Medical Informatics
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:09:01 GMT

On 10 Sep 2004, at 17:58, wrote:

>> I know Jeremy/Luminas are also doing something along those lines! :-D
>> 	Pier
> Really?  Any details, please?  Is this commercial or open source?   Our
> project is LGPL.

Yup, it's a biomedical image archive for a UK academic institution
funded by JISC. It has basic search of the existing archive, OAI, image
upload with MeSH metadata support and some simple moderation workflow.

We're currently in final stages of bug squashing, prior to going live
later this month - at which point, I hope to make some more public
noise about it! (Technical report publication, etc.)

The theory is that the whole application will be open source
(Apache-style licensing) and available to download from the site. In
practice, however, we haven't had this cleared by the customer's IPR
dept. just yet ...

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Orixo alliance:

View raw message