cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Authentication
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:53:56 GMT
Sorry this is late. I've been on vacation.

JAAS is just a framework, it doesn't actually do any authentication of its
own.  The "advantage" you get with JAAS is that it supposedly allows you to
integrate it with multiple applications.  In practice this isn't so easy.

I am using JAAS behind Cocoon's authentication framework, but I am not
using JAAS for authorization. I found that it didn't make a lot of
sense.  Frankly, after doing it I'm not sure the authentication part does
either.

Ralph